PyZenKit - README¶
Although production code is based on this library, it should still be considered as work in progress.
This package contains collection of usefull tools and utilities and framework for creating console applications, scripts and system services (daemons) in Python 3. It provides easily extendable and customizable base implementations of generic application, script or daemon and which take care of many common issues and tasks like configuration loading and merging, command line argument parsing, logging setup, etc.
The extensive documentation and tutorials is still under development, however usage examples and demonstration applications are provided right in the source code of appropriate module. Just execute the module with Python3 interpretter to see the demonstration:
python3 path/to/application.py --help
Currently the framework package contains following features:
- Module for handling JSON based configuration files and directories.
- Module for taking care of all process daemonization tasks.
- Module for writing generic console applications.
- Module for writing generic console scripts with built-in support for repeated executions (for example by cron-like service).
- Module for writing generic system services (daemons).